26 September 2015

Posted By Unknown | 26 September 2015

Illamasqua 'Masquara' and Slick Stick review




I'm always shocked when I hear someone hasn't heard of Illamasqua. They are one of my favourite make up brands and I'm in love with their sleek, professional packaging. Their products are hard to fault. Below are two of my go to Illamasqua products that I recommend to anyone when trying out the range!




Illamasqua 'Masquara' in Raven


This 'masquara' (cleverly named to include both the name of product and brand name) is a very rich, intense black colour. It claims to 'lengthen, define and dramatise lashes to extremes' and it does just that!


The wand itself is quite long and thick. It adds length and thickness to my lashes in just a few coats! It separates my lashes well, although I find if I use too much of this product it clumps my lashes together, so just be careful when applying it. It doesn't flake throughout the day for me, but if you are finding it does I recommend the Illamasqua Lash and Brow gel. This prevents the lashes from sticking together and prevents flaking. All in all I love this mascara and it is definitely an everyday go to product!



Illamasqua Slick Stick in Mass


This is a relatively new product from Illamasqua, which I knew I had to try out! I have recently been using the Gosh Kohl Eye Liner in Black (Gosh are a cruelty free drugstore brand) and although I love that product I wanted to try out something a little different.


The Illamasqua Slick Stick comes with a retractable eye crayon, and is the most intense black eyeliner I have ever used. The product itself is super creamy and glides on like a dream. It is also water resistant so is perfect for in your waterline. I have recently been to a wedding and with a little help of some Sugerpill black eyeshadow to set it, it lasted me all day.  Unlike regular pencil eyeliners, if you leave the top of this one I find it dries it out abit, so ensure you don't do this!! Below is a swatch of the product.

Illamasqua Slick Stick in Mass Swatch


This is just one stroke of the colour and it is already so rich and black.

You can purchase these products from Illamasqua's website: http://www.illamasqua.com/


Thanks for reading my review!

Chloe x

A big shout out to Amy-Jane Langtry for designing my new logo! She is a freelance graphic designer based in Belfast. Check her out! https://www.behance.net/amyjanelangtry


No comments:

Post a Comment